23rd Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival
The 22nd Ji.hlava Festival Has Begun!
The opening ceremony for this year’s Ji.hlava festival had love duets and anthems. Krzysztof Zanussi made jokes about dinosaurs and Putin’s Horse in Adamov won the Respekt Award. The second day of the festival will offer a showcase of Lebanese cinema and a Sokol band performance.
The opening to this year’s Ji.hlava was both ceremonial and entertaining. The hosts of the evening were Slovak director Tereza Nvotová and Czech documentarian Jan Foukal. The renowned Polish director Krzysztof Zanussi, who will be a juror for the Opus Bonus section, joked about the theme of this year’s festival, which is memory, by saying that he is a ‘Jurassic Park representative’. He also reminisced about the Second World War, when ‘good people were forced to lie while the bad ones spoke the truth’.
files for download
- ji-hlava-22-zahajena-docx.docx (91.05kB)
- ji-hlava-22-zahajena-pdf.pdf (191.93kB)
- rsz_krzysztof_zanussi_na_zahajeni_foto_jan_hromadko-jpg.jpg (368.58kB)
- rsz_ladislav_heryan_foto_jan_hromadko-jpg_1.jpg (390.1kB)
- rsz_tereza_nvotova_na_zahajeni_foto_jan_hromadko-jpg_1.jpg (331.31kB)
- rsz_zahajeni_jihlavy_01_foto_jan_hromadko-jpg.jpg (647.76kB)
- rsz_zahajeni_jihlavy_foto_jan_hromadko-jpg.jpg (313.07kB)
- the-22nd-ji-hlava-festival-has-begun-docx_2.docx (104.02kB)