26th Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival
You can submit your film(s) to the 26th Ji.hlava IDFF 2022 using the Film Submission form by clicking the button below*
Each submitted film has to comply with the following conditions:
● Properly completed form and timely updates in case of any changes.
● Payment of 20 € as a submission fee.
● Providing an online preview. In the case of failure to provide a film preview, the submission will be considered invalid.
● Films produced in Eastern and Central Europe are also automatically submitted to the East Silver Market.
● By submitting this material you agree with the festival’s submission Guidelines and Conditions.
Film submission deadlines:
● March 31, 2022 | films released in 2021
● May 31, 2022 | films completed in 2022 and released by May 31, 2022
● July 31, 2022 | rough cuts and films that have so far not had a festival world premiere
Despite our deadlines, we would kindly ask you to submit your films continuously throughout the whole period starting February 2022.
If you have any questions regarding film submissions, please contact Tereza Soldátová at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +420 775 864 982.
* Submit via the submission form "Ji.hlava IDFF 2022 – Film Submission" at our Visitor Page. If you do not have an account in our database yet, please, fill in basic identification information and set a password. Your registration will make further communication with Ji.hlava IDFF easier and you will be able to use your account in the following years as well. After the registration, you will be able to access the Film Submission form.
We accept submissions of:
● Documentary films
● Experimental films
● Animation films or hybrid projects
● Different TV and film formats based on reality
● Virtual reality projects
● Documentary and educational computer games
● Interactive web documentary projects
About the Festival
Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival (Ji.hlava IDFF) is a leading European documentary festival and the largest event of its kind in Central and Eastern Europe. The festival retains distinctive and progressive programming, focusing on a creative artistic approach to film and critically reflective documentary works that deal with significant themes.
Ji.hlava IDFF is also behind innovative industry projects for film professionals such as the EMERGING PRODUCERS programme, Ji.hlava New Visions Forum & Market, Docu Talents from the East presentation, and Ji.hlava Film Fund.
The 26th Ji.hlava IDFF will take place in Jihlava in the Czech Republic on October 25–30, 2022.
Winners of the Best World Documentary Film award and Best Central and East European Documentary Film award will be eligible for the pre-selection in the Documentary Feature Subject category of the Academy Awards®.
Also, winners of the Short Joy award will be eligible for the pre-selection in the Documentary Short Subject category of the Academy Awards®.
Ji.hlava IDFF has been chosen by the European Film Academy (EFA) as one of the European documentary festivals to pre-select films for the European Award for the Best Documentary Film of the Year. Each of the festivals nominates one film directed by a European director and released in world premiere directly to EFA’s pre-selection. EFA considers all other world premieres of European films and may add them to the pre-selection.