26th Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival
Film submissions for the 26th Ji.hlava IDFF 2022 will be open in the second half of February 2022. Detailed rules and conditions will be published here.
About the Festival
Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival (Ji.hlava IDFF) is a leading European documentary festival and the largest event of its kind in Central and Eastern Europe. The festival retains distinctive and progressive programming, focusing on a creative artistic approach to film and critically reflective documentary works that deal with significant themes.
The 26th Ji.hlava IDFF will take place in Jihlava in the Czech Republic on October 25–30, 2022.
Each submitted film has to comply with the following conditions:
● Properly completed form and timely updates in case of any changes.
● Payment of 20 € as a submission fee.
● Providing an online preview. In the case of failure to provide a film preview, the submission will be considered invalid.
● Films produced in Eastern and Central Europe are also automatically submitted to the East Silver Market.
● By submitting this material you agree with the festival’s submission Guidelines and Conditions.
We accept submissions of:
● Documentary films
● Experimental films
● Animation films or hybrid projects
● Different TV and film formats based on reality
● Virtual reality projects
● Documentary and educational computer games
● Interactive web documentary projects
Winners of the Best World Documentary Film award and Best Central and East European Documentary Film award will be eligible for the pre-selection in the Documentary Feature Subject category of the Academy Awards®.
Also, winners of the Short Joy award will be eligible for the pre-selection in the Documentary Short Subject category of the Academy Awards®.
Ji.hlava IDFF has been chosen by the European Film Academy (EFA) as one of the European documentary festivals to pre-select films for the European Award for the Best Documentary Film of the Year. Each of the festivals nominates one film directed by a European director and released in world premiere directly to EFA’s pre-selection. EFA considers all other world premieres of European films and may add them to the pre-selection.