25th Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival
Ji.hlava Industry Program
With over 1,000 film professionals attending Ji.hlava IDFF every year, the event is an important meeting place for the world documentary industry, and the largest one in Central and Eastern Europe.
However, as a result of measures introduced by the government of the Czech Republic on October 8, 2020 – which include complete closure of cinemas in the country – we were forced to move the 24th Ji.hlava IDFF to a fully online edition.
At this moment we are preparing a full-fledged online festival industry program. In the coming days, we will provide you with up-to-date information here.
The industry accreditations for the online Ji.hlava Industry program 2020 will be issued upon registration, for free. Holders of the paid INDUSTRY PLUS accreditation will have access also to the full festival film program (geo-blocked for the territory of the Czech Republic).
The online industry program includes:
● OPEN JI.HLAVA INDUSTRY PROGRAM – Masterclasses, case studies, presentations and panel discussions
● MATCHMAKING ACCELERATOR – Set up your one-to-one meetings with film industry experts
● EMERGING PRODUCERS 2021 – Presentation of participants of 9th edition of the project presenting the future generation of European documentary film producers
● FESTIVAL HUB – Presentation of festivals and markets in the format of PechaKucha
● CZECH JOY IN THE SPOTLIGHT – Presentation of brand new Czech films from the festival competition section Czech Joy
● DOC.STREAM – Pitchings of works in progress coming from Norway, Poland and the Czech Republic
● CO-PRODUCTIONS THAT INSPIRE – Success stories presented by producers from Central and Eastern Europe
● CONFERENCE FASCINATIONS – Meeting of experimental documentary film distributors, gallerists and festival representatives
● FILM DISTRIBUTION TODAY – Discussion of distributors from Visegrad countries about current opportunities and challenges
● NEW CINEMA – Presentation of cinema operators in the Czech Republic (in Czech only)
● WHAT ARE INTERNATIONAL BUYERS LOOKING FOR? – Presentation on the changing landscape of film distribution
● FESTIVAL IDENTITY – Festival representatives sharing outcomes from their discussions on topics such as ethics, funding and activism
● HAPPY HOURS WITH THE CZECH FILM FUND COUNCIL – Discussion Platform with Members of the Czech Film Fund Council
Stay tuned, we hope that you will join us in this endeavor!