24th Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival
7th Echoes of Ji.hlava IDFF in Belgium
At the beginning of February 2019, Ji.hlava IDFF will come to Belgium for the seventh time to present the Echoes of the 22nd Ji.hlava IDFF, a representative showcase of documentary films screened at the past year’s festival including a selection of winning films.
PROGRAM OF ECHOES
Wednesday, February 6 / 6.30 pm / Opening Ceremony of the Echoes
- Talks with TGM + Q&A with Jakub Červenka
Jakub Červenka, Czech Republic, Slovakia, 2018, 80 min
* Special Mention Opus Bonum at 22nd Ji.hlava IDFF
* The screening will be followed by a Q&A with the director and a cocktail reception.
* Registration is required for this screening. Registration is closed.
Godshuizenlaan 4, 9000 Ghent (map)
Thursday, February 7 / 6.00 pm
- Into Thin Air
Cristina Motta, Argentina, 2018, 15 min
- My Granny from Mars
Alexander Mihalkovich, Belarus, Ukraine, Estonia, 2018, 83 min
Rue des Fripiers 57 Kleerkopersstraat, Galerie du Centre Bloc II - Centrumgalerij Blok II, 1000 Brussels (map)
Friday, February 8 / 7.30 pm
- The Silence of Others
* Best Testimony on Politics at 22nd Ji.hlava IDFF
Robert Bahar, Almudena Carracedo, USA, Španělsko, 2018, 96 min
Saturday, February 9 / 7.30 pm
Patrick Bokanowski, France, 2018, 8 min
- The Waldheim Waltz
Ruth Beckermann, Austria, 2018, 93 min
Sunday, February 10 / 5.30 pm
Diana Cam Van Nguyen, Czech Republic, 2018, 10 min
* Best Czech Experimental Documentary Film at 22nd Ji.hlava IDFF
- Central Bus Station
Tomáš Elšík, Czech Republic, 2018, 75 min
* Special Mention Czech Joy at 22nd Ji.hlava IDFF
Rue Antoine Dansaert 70, 1000 Brussels (map)
Monday, February 11 / 7.30 pm
- My Unknown Soldier + Q&A with Anna Kryvenko
Anna Kryvenko, Czech Republic, Latvia, Slovakia, 2018, 79 min
Tuesday, February 12 / 10.00 am
- The Dazzling Light of Sunset
Salomé Jashi, Georgia, Germany, 2016, 74 min
* Best Central and East European Documentary Film + Best Feature-Length Documentary Debut at 20th Ji.hlava IDFF
- Masterclass Salomé Jashi
Salomé Jashi is a Georgian documentary filmmaker and cinematographer and the co-founder of the Sakdoc Film production company. During her lecture she will show excerpts from her films and talk about approaching characters, as well as about finding the right visual style in documentary filmmaking.
Berlaymont building, Rue de la Loi 200, 1049, Brussels (map)
Tuesday, February 12 / 6.30 pm
- Vote For Kibera
Martin Páv, Czech Republic, 2018, 86 min
* The screening is only open to interns and employees of the European Commission.
* For more information please contact EC Arts & Culture Subcommitee.