27th Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival
You can submit your film(s) to the 27th Ji.hlava IDFF 2023 using the Film Submission form by clicking the button below*
Each submitted film has to comply with the following conditions:
● All film submissions must be accompanied with a properly completed submission form, and any changes made to the data provided on this form must be updated in a timely fashion
● The cost for submitting a film is a one-time €25 EUR administrative fee.
● You should provide an online preview of the film you are submitting. Failure to do so will result in your film submission being rendered invalid.
● Films produced in Eastern and Central Europe are also automatically submitted to the East Silver Market.
● By submitting this material you agree with the festival’s submission Guidelines and Conditions.
Film submission deadlines:
● February 28th, 2023 | films completed in 2022
● April 30th, 2023 | films completed in 2023 and premiered before April 30th, 2023
● June 30th, 2023 | for rough cuts and films that have not yet had a festival world premiere
As of 30 June, the possibility to officially submit and register a film in the Ji.hlava IDFF system will end. However, in case of rough cuts, the finished film can be sent to JIDFF until 15 August 2023.
Despite these deadlines, we kindly ask that you start submitting your films beginning on January 16th, 2023, in order to allow ample time for us to review them.
If you have any questions regarding film submissions, please contact Tereza Soldátová at email@example.com or by phone +420 775 864 982.
* Submit via the submission form "Ji.hlava IDFF 2023 – Film Submission" at our Visitor Page. If you do not have an account in our database yet, please, fill in basic identification information and set a password. Your registration will make further communication with Ji.hlava IDFF easier and you will be able to use your account in the following years as well. After the registration, you will be able to access the Film Submission form.
We accept submissions of:
● Documentary films
● Experimental films
● Animation films or hybrid projects
● Various TV and film formats based on real life
● Virtual reality (VR) projects
● Documentary and educational computer games
● Interactive web documentary projects
About the Festival
Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival (Ji.hlava IDFF) is a leading European documentary festival and the largest event of its kind in Central and Eastern Europe. The festival retains distinctive and progressive programming, focusing on a creative artistic approach to film and critically reflective documentary works that deal with significant themes.
Ji.hlava IDFF is also behind innovative industry projects for film professionals such as the EMERGING PRODUCERS programme, Ji.hlava New Visions Forum & Market, Docu Talents from the East presentation, and Ji.hlava Film Fund.
The 27th Ji.hlava IDFF will take place in Jihlava in the Czech Republic on October 24–29, 2023.
Winners of the Best World Documentary Film award and Best Central and East European Documentary Film award will be eligible for the pre-selection in the Documentary Feature Subject category of the Academy Awards®.
Also, winners of the Short Joy award will be eligible for the pre-selection in the Documentary Short Subject category of the Academy Awards®.
Ji.hlava IDFF has been chosen by the European Film Academy (EFA) as one of the European documentary festivals to pre-select films for the European Award for the Best Documentary Film of the Year. Each of the festivals nominates one film directed by a European director and released in world premiere directly to EFA’s pre-selection. EFA considers all other world premieres of European films and may add them to the pre-selection.